NHSA HOME LEARNING STORE WEB SITE.
Welcome to the National Home School Association’s Home Learning Store web site. The National Home School Association (henceforth, “NHSA”) provides services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or make a purchase of any kind from this site, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
NHSA Home Learning Store web site, to understand our practices.
When you visit this site and send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and thus consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of the NHSA or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of the NHSA unless otherwise noted and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of the NHSA or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS.
The NHSA grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of the NHSA. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of a third-party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of the NHSA. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the NHSA without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing the NHSA’s name or the Home Learning Store name without express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by the NHSA. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create hyperlinks to the home page or other pages of this web site so long as any links do not portray the NHSA or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES.
Through this site the NHSA provides you with access to a variety of resources, including download areas, games, communication forums and other information (collectively "Services"). The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new resources, are subject to the TOU.
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION.
Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.
USE OF SERVICES.
The Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Communication Service" and collectively "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
The NHSA has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, the NHSA reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. The NHSA reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
- The NHSA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as the NHSA deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in the NHSA's sole discretion.
- Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Services. The NHSA does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, the NHSA specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Managers and hosts are not authorized NHSA spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of the NHSA.
- Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY.
If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify the NHSA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. The NHSA will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the NHSA or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any NHSA server, or the network(s) connected to any NHSA server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any NHSA server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO THE NHSA OR POSTED ON ANY NHSA WEB SITE.
The NHSA does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to the NHSA (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community, (each a "Submission" and collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting ("Posting") your Submission you are granting the NHSA, its affiliated companies and necessary sub-licensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all NHSA Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. The NHSA is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and the NHSA may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
NOTICES REGARDING SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE NHSA AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
Some links posted on this site will let you leave the NHSA Home Learning Store site. These linked sites are not under the control of the NHSA and the NHSA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The NHSA is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The NHSA provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the NHSA of the site.
UNSOLICITED E-MAIL POLICY.
The presence of e-mail addresses on this site is not an invitation for unsolicited commercial e-mail. The use of spiders, robots, and other technologies to collect e-mail addresses from this site is prohibited. Senders of e-mail are expected to abide by all applicable state and federal laws.
The NHSA respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please contact us at the address given below. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
By visiting the NHSA web site, you agree that the laws of the State of Colorado, U.S.A., without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and the NHSA.
© 2013-2023 Copyright National Home School Association and Home Learning Store. All rights reserved.
Send your questions to:
National Home School Association, 9249 S. Broadway, #200-368, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129